What is Senior Project?
- An ACS local requirement for graduation
- A personal interest & academic project to be completed during the student's senior year.
- A culminating exit project that allows a senior to demonstrate his or her mastery of stated graduation expectations.
- A collaborative effort between school and community
- A demonstration of what each student knows and what they are able to do.
- A real world application of knowledge.
Links to Senior Project:
Product Work Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rAnv8ILTEgdmYwU1Mxa2w1WXM/view?usp=sharing
Mentor Meeting Field Trip Permission Form: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2rAnv8ILTEgNmVlaXdrbk9pZWM
Portfolio Evaluation: https://drive.google.com/a/andescentralschool.org/file/d/0B2rAnv8ILTEgdjRXWkdzcUpMaDg/view?usp=sharing
1. RESEARCH PROJECT
5-8 page thesis paper
Related to the student's fieldwork
2. PROJECT FIELDWORK/PRODUCT
The "LEARNING STRETCH"
Time Management, Responsibility and Accountability
Correlation of Research Paper to Fieldwork
Minimum of 15 hours work with Mentor required.
Documentation of student Experiences
Student reflection upon Learning Stretch and ACS graduation expectations.
Math Component showing how Math is used in the "real world"
Ticket to project presentation.
4. PROJECT PRESENTATIONS
Professional presentations to a board of community judges.
Students answer questions about their Senior Project.